Thursday, October 28, 2010

Father and Son

Haha. To start off my father went to jail for eighteen years 6 weeks after I was born. Not because he was bad guy or murderer or anything like that, simply because he chose to hang around with bad company. The story as to why he went to jail is entirely too long to portray on this blog and even still I dont even understand the full aspect of the story either, so same boat as you fellow reader with about one extra paddle. Back on topic despite him being in jail I still retain a relationship with my father. He is an essential part of my life and our communication keeps us in touch. I know he regrets his decision every single day, but I hope he has found a way to forgive himself because I was never really mad at the guy. On the other hand, I have a step father, that I used to not get along with but recently we've been having a good relationship. I look at the him as my father because he actually did raise me, but naturally there is always some sort of separation especially since my little brother and sister are completely his children. Im not saying that is bad thing at all...again its only natural. Father and Son relationships are essential because Fathers need to share experiences and past mistakes with their sons so negative cycles dont end up repeating themselves. Its necessary to have someone who has already gone through some of the things that you are going through, especially someone older than you, to help you cope, and who better than a father figure.

11 comments:

  1. He chose to hang around bad company, and fathers need to share their experences and past mistakes with their sons so negative cycles don't end up repeating themselves.

    Do you hang around bad company?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this so interesting about ur dad.
    i really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. does rebellion add in as a factor even if your father figure gives you past experiences?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed when you told the reader you were in the same boat but had an extra paddle, I liked how you phrased that. But I also agree on the fact that father-son relationships are essential thats how I look at mother-daughter relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really interesting.. i know where you are coming from tho

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's an interesting story (as everyone else pointed out). I like that you said father's need to teach their sons to learn from their mistakes. I think a lot of parents try to act like they never made any mistakes when they were our age.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your father was not a murderer..
    the boat and paddle methaphor: GREAT

    on a real note, I'm glad you have a good relationship with your stepdad :)

    ReplyDelete