Thursday, October 28, 2010

How Do I Know What I Know?

I dont. I sit here and admit that I actually do not know that I know anything for certain. But what I do know is that I believe in some ideas that are presented to me that are generally accepted as facts. By human definition there is alot of things that I can claim to know, but there is always that .000001% chance that something could be completely wrong. So I dont believe that anyone can know anything for certain and no one ever did. The world is based on ideas that are accepted because of the percentage of time that they are right or if they fit what the majority of society wants to hear. As a race we always try to figure out the ultimate question as to why we are here or why we exist, and I simply dont think we can't find out until the idea presents itself to us and probably only then will we know things concretely, by returning to our roots.

5 comments:

  1. That's a good point...our world and beliefs are based on probability

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great point of view, you seem to reflect off the ideas of other philosophers as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how blunt you were about how unsure you are of what you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Solid...no one can address knowledge without addressing the greatest question of all...the menaing of life.

    ReplyDelete